All About The Pretty

A Southern Girl's Guide to All Things Beautimous

Monday, May 22, 2006

Beauty Beauty Why Has Thou Forsaken Me

I had a free weekend all planned out for finding and discovery the new Azuree Collection from Tom Ford for Estee Lauder. I journeyed from the downtown DC to Tyson's Corner for a "me" day full of beauty shopping and some much needed time with self. Ladies, I was so disappointed at this line. I felt forsaken. Where were the colors for the Liya's of the world. First of all the colors, in my personal opinion, are not made for us brown skin girls. I looked and looked again and the only thing I thought was worth anything was this coral lip gloss. I thought the face glow and body tint gave me an ashy look which is so not cute in the summer. I also though the body tint was not up to par with Nars Body Glow. There was also a body oil spray for shimmer. I tried it on and once again disappointed. The cheek tints, which resembles Nars Multiples were not giving me goose bumps. I thought my heart would leap with this collection. I could see all that pretty robin's egg blue packaging displayed ever so elegantly on my bathroom countertops. Not happening with this line. The eyeshadow colors were just okay. It was nothing to right home about. Go see for yourself? If you find something in the collection you like, please let me know. Next, I headed to the Laura Mercier counter and let me just say that Ms. Tia was right on with the Translucent Loose Shimmer Powder in Stardust. The color is so flattering, not in a fake back tan sort of way, but a gorgeous shimmer. I applied it from cheeks to temples and just new it had to be part of the beauty shelf. This product is gorgeous. It is so light and airy that it screams of beautiful summer skin. The powder is so soft, I didn't use much, but I wanted to put it on every nook and cranny of my face. I then headed to Sephora. This is a beautimous girl's playground, the way Best Buy is for the guys. I love to wander through Sephora with Ipod plugged in. I put on the good music and proceed to just have fun. I was thoroughly pleased with Stila's Eyeshadow Trio in Bronze Glow. There is also Gold and Copper Glow as well. Just test them to see how great they are. Once I got home, I just couldn't help but play with all my new products. I applied a little bronze eyeshadow as a liner on my lower lashes really close to the lash line, which I rarely do, but I said "let's give it a try." I was reading the best beauty tips from May 2006 In Style and decided to pull out my makeup and have my own personal makeup session. Once I did this, I had to flip through my beauty books by Kevin Aucoin, Sam Fine, Trish McEvoy, Bobbi Brown and had a party for one. I put on the soundtrack to Grey's Anatomy, poured a wonderful glass of Bordeaux and felt like Eloise in my own personal Ritz. I had a pretty great weekend. I'm looking forward to Memorial Day. I just might happen to do it again.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That sounds like so much FUN!!! I haven't had a wandering thru the makeup counters "me day" for a while! (Well I kinda did today but my co-worker was there and we were pressed for time so that doesn't count!) LOL. Hey - I just bought tickets for the winefest - are ya going??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home