All About The Pretty

A Southern Girl's Guide to All Things Beautimous

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Luscious Lips Love Luxurious Lip Exfoliants

Yes I know the title has a lot of alliteration, but it is so worth it. I love lip gloss. Okay, everyone who reads this blog knows this by now. But no matter how much you love lip gloss if you put it on dry, chapped and seriously dehydrated lips, the lip gloss is not going to look pretty. I used to be like everyone else and use my toothbrush to exfoliate my lips. Let's get serious. We are "big girls" now, with jobs and we get step up our soft lip game. My favorite two lip exfoliants are divine and I hope you enjoy them. Smashbox's Emulsion Lip Exfoliant - $18.00. (http://www.sephora.comhora.com) I was given this lip exfoliant as a gift and I can't not have it in my beauty arsenal. I love to use this at night because it is so heavy and thick. It has a peppermint scent that you just want to lick off, but you can't. Just smack this emulsion on your lips just like lip gloss and leave on for 5 minutes. Wipe off with a warm towel. Your lips will be super soft and ready for lip balm. Sally Hershberger Face Place Lip Refinisher - $18.00. (http://www.shfaceplace.com/shfpstore/products.php?detail&idcategory=8&idproduct=1013) I read about this lip product in Allure and Lucky and had to have it. Of course, the entire lip kit was featured on QVC Saturday Beauty Night. (Yes, don't laugh. I love QVC. They have great products.) You can just order the refinisher or the kit from the website. This lip exfoliant contains sugar and smells like vanilla and orange. I think this is great to keep in your makeup bag because it's not hard to wipe off or you could actually lick it off. It tastes amazing. Of course, to finish each off top with lip balm. I am addicted to lip balms, but I think the gold standard is Smith's Rosebud Salve. I have used most of the expensive and inexpensive ones, but I keep coming back to this one. This is not the only lip balm in my life. I also have Kiehl's, Perfumeria Gal from Madrid, Burt Bee's, Dr. Hauschka Lip Care and many others to name. Start spring off right. The key to luscious lips are exfoliants.

31 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home