All About The Pretty

A Southern Girl's Guide to All Things Beautimous

Monday, April 17, 2006

All That Glitters Is Gold: Eyeshadow That Is

It was a gorgeous weekend here in DC. It was warm, but not the Texas heat that I am so used to. I could at least walk around with mascara and not have my eyes run because of the heat and humidity. It might sound crazy, but humidity is actually good for the skin. I have finally found my gold eyeshadow for spring. Two of the eyeshadows are new, but I discovered a long last one in my makeup bag. I know sad, that I let eyeshadow get lost in my bag. Thus for spring my favorites are Shiseido Hydro Powder Eye Shadows in Goldlights and Tiger Eye. These are very beautiful and very golden. Remember to use a lighter hand otherwise you will look like David Bowie circa 1973. I rediscovered my Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Key Largo (a pale peach and a golden bronze). I have found that the best way to get eyeshadow to stay is to put a little of translucent powder that matches the skin on first. This sets the powder and the eyeshadow won't crease. Next apply a lighter color such as the peach in Key Largo or Bobbi Brown's Woodrose which I use all over. I then apply the golden bronze from lash to brow bone and followed with the Goldlights. I finished with bronzer and lip gloss and had a beautiful glow to walk around Georgetown and have lunch at Cafe Divan. I felt sassy, saucy and a down right cutie pie. I decided to create an email address to send questions to me personally. I understand that some people want to stay anonymous and I completely understand. So if you have any questions for me, please email me at julia_allaboutthepretty@yahoo.com. I finished the weekend with a great yoga class at Tranquil Space. I am realizing that yoga is helping me to decompress, nurture my mind and my spirit, but it helps me with my crazy insomnia. After every class I feel strong, powerful and pretty. At the studio I picked up a gorgeously scented bath soap called Willow by The Lavender Moon Soap Company (http://www.lavendermoonsoap.com/index.php). It was such a great day. I am thankful for hot baths, freshly washed sheets and a brand new spring eyeshadow. What an "oh so pretty weekend."

12 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you heard about Hylexin or no anybody that's tried it? I've had racoon eyes since I was a baby and I was wondering if the $95 investment was worth it. I'm considering surgery but would rather not. Any suggestions?

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Schanina said…

    Wow I love the colors of those Shiseido Hydro Powder Eye Shadows . I have to wear creamy eyeshadows to get the intense-crease free look I love! They remind me of Stila Shadow Pots-Amazing!

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Blogger mrblack said…

    Have you heard about Hylexin or no anybody that's tried it? I've had racoon eyes since I was a baby and I was wondering if the $95 investment was worth it. I'm considering surgery but would rather not. Any suggestions?
    concrete coating southlakecheapest website design

     
  • At 4:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The term is used to refer to a number of related instruments that were developed and used across Europe beginning in the 12th century and, later, in the Americas.[2] These instruments are descended from ones that existed in ancient central Asia and India.


    Pink Lubricanttop rated electronic cigarettes 2011

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The wind howled and screamed at the windows. Holmes and I drew closer to the fire, while the young inspector slowly and point by point developed his singular narrative.

    "If you were to search all England," said he, "I don't suppose you could find a household more self-contained or freer from outside influences. Whole weeks would pass, and not one of them go past the garden gate. The professor was buried in his work and existed for nothing else. Young Smith knew nobody in the neighbourhood, and lived very much as his employer did. The two women had nothing to take them from the house. Mortimer, the gardener, who wheels the Bath chair, is an army pensioner -- an old Crimean man of excellent character. He does not live in the house, but in a three-roomed cottage at the other end of the garden.
    buy hghsynthetic pot

     
  • At 3:57 AM, Blogger tung said…

    Osborne House, Isle of Wight
    Queen Victoria and Prince Albert bought this Italianate palace in 1845, and the queen spent almost every Christmas there after Albert’s death in 1861, until her own death in 1900. So every year, in her honour, the ground floor is decorated with the traditions of a Victorian Christmas. Visitors can enjoy singing chimney sweeps, Victorian fairground stalls, street games and A Christmas Carol pantomime. A Victorian Christmas, 19 to 20 November, 10 am to 4 pm.
    iphone accessoriesdigital takeoff software

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The next Mercian king was Penda, who ruled from about 626 or 633 until 655. Some of what is known about Penda comes through the hostile account of Bede, who disliked him both for being an enemy king to Bede's own Northumbria and for being a pagan


    instant money onlineDebt Settlement Companies

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger david said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 3:51 AM, Blogger Luckyluke said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger kewaduong910 said…

    What biologists refer to as succession usually begins as a result of natural destruction, such as by fire or flood. It can also be caused directly by man; he is responsible for the destruction of a lot of the world’s naturePfefferspray günstig kaufenchat dating

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Uno said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home