Monday, June 12, 2006
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Pretty Changes Are Coming
Friday, June 09, 2006
The Pretty You Find When You Aren't Looking
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Staying Pretty in the Heat II (Brand Names)
Monday, June 05, 2006
Joie de Vivre (Joy in Life) and Staying Pretty in the Heat Part II
Thursday, June 01, 2006
With A Friend Like Tanya I Will Always Feel Pretty
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Staying Pretty in the Heat
Monday, May 29, 2006
French and Italian Language Podcasts
Saturday, May 27, 2006
Allure Has Fondness for the French Pretty
Thursday, May 25, 2006
The French Idea of Pretty
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Beauty Makeup and Fall Fashion Preview
Monday, May 22, 2006
Beauty Beauty Why Has Thou Forsaken Me
Friday, May 19, 2006
Thank Goodness for Recess
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Hand Cream and Philanthropy Are a Pretty Pair
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Skin Gets a Piece of Candy
Sunday, May 14, 2006
Dior Does Yoga
Friday, May 12, 2006
Giving Good Toes :)
Diamancel #11 The Tough Buffer (http://www.blissworld.com/shop/detail/DIA-009/32/). This is available at Bliss online, but I do know a few Nordstrom's also carry it. I am a runner and trust me, this gets the bottom of your feet like a baby's butt. Be very careful. You don't want to remove too much skin because the feet still needs a little cushion;
A great foot scrub and great nail color.
I try to go to bed with heavy cream or good old fashioned Vaseline with socks every other night during the summer to keep my feet perfect.
FYI: Fragrance Alert: I know I have been discussing spring makeup, but I just found out that in Fall 2006 Banana Republic will be coming out with 5 new fragrances; 3 for women and 2 for men. For the ladies the scents are Alabaster - a floral scent; Jade a floral fruity scent; and Rosewood a floral-Oriental scent. Also if you liked Kimora Lee Simmons Goddess scent she will be introducing Golden Goddess in the fall as well. Congratulations to Sarah Jessica Parker on her 2006 CEW (Cosmetic Executive Women) Beauty Insider's Choice Award for Best Women's Cent $24 and over for Lovely. I had this the first week it came out and I am now on my second bottle. As the commercial says "Lovely on the Inside," and I feel lovely on the outside as well when I wear this. I received this very cute email from my cousin Yolanda (thanks Yo!) and I knew that is was way too adorable not to pass along. Ladies, raise your right hand and make the pledge: The Open Toed Shoe Pledge As a member of the Cute Girl Sisterhood, I pledge to follow the Rules when wear sandals and other open-toe shoes: I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps. I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe. I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I will shave the hairs off my big toe. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother or sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes ifI tuck it there. If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back into place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it. I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my good friend Dr. Scholl's if my feet need him. I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids'sizes. This is out of concern for my safety, and the safety of others. No one canwalk properly when standing in a pool of sweat and I would hate to take someone down with me as I fall and break my ankle. I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell and begin to look like Vienna sausages. I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes are as long as my fingers and no sandal makes creepy feet look good. I will promise if I wear flip flops that I will ensure that they actually flip and flop, making the correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT to slide or drag my feet while wearing them. I will promise to go my local nail salon at least once per season and have a real pedicure (they are about $20 and worth EVERY penny). I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signsof wear. . . nothing is tackier than dirty white sandals. Don't keep this to yourself - pass it on to other sisters. Have a great weekend.
Monday, May 08, 2006
I Want More Candy!
Thursday, May 04, 2006
My Skin Is Playing Tricks On Me
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Bobbi's Brownie Is Beautiful
Thursday, April 27, 2006
MJ Continues to Make a Splash
A few comments back someone asked what magazines I subscribe to. I hate to tell not because I don't want others to have the information, but because it is so many. I am so OCD that I made a monthly list to check off which ones I have read. Crazy, I know but I love to read, anything. So here goes:
- Black Enterprise
- Vanity Fair
- In Style
- Food and Wine
- Town and Country
- Newsweek (weekly, I must stay on my current events)
- Travel and Leisure
- Town and Country Travel (quarterly)
- O at Home (quarterly)
- Yoga Journal (just started)
I used to subscribe to these, but stopped because I was getting to many and now I still buy them from the bookstore: W, Elle, Gourmet, O, Bon Appetit. I also try to read at least 2-3 books a month. I know it's crazy, but I can sit home an entire weekend and turn out 1-2 books if they are very good. I try not to keep a book longer than 2 weeks. After that I begin to get frustrated with myself and make myself finish it. My goal is to read more books every year. I don't read for anyone but myself and what I enjoy. My book list various for each book, sometimes I want to read very literary and thought provoking novels and other times I want to read a chick lit fun girly book.
I keep telling myself to cut the list down to 10, but I always think I will miss something. I know it's many of you out there who think the same thing.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Fragrance Is In The Air
Monday, April 24, 2006
Threading is for Eyebrows, Definitely Not for Sewing
Amel is Still Making Pretty Music
Sunday, April 23, 2006
Lady, Lady Where Does Your Info Come From
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Nars Body Glow
All Eye . . . Brows on Me!
Monday, April 17, 2006
All That Glitters Is Gold: Eyeshadow That Is
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Luscious Lips Love Luxurious Lip Exfoliants
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Random Acts of Pretty Kindness
Monday, April 10, 2006
- I wash my face with a gentle cleanser. I already mentioned I love Oil of Olay, so I use the Foaming Face Wash. I often switch this up and use Dermalogica's Extra Cleansing Gel which is easy on the face.
- After washing, I apply witch hazel as my toner. I know this is drying, but it works for me. Sometimes I switch up and use Kiehl's Rosewater Toner without alcohol, but lately it's just been the WH.
- I apply an under eye cream, specifically targeted for evening. I figured if I use the inexpensive during the day I can splurge on my nights, which I believe is more important. I use Sisleya Eye Cream. Now ladies, this stuff is an arm and a leg in the U.S., so I purchase this in Europe and save at least $75-100. I know you are thinking that's a lot of money, but I drive a very inexpensive car to afford my beauty products.
- I then apply Sisley's throat cream. Yes, I use a throat cream. I don't want to end up like a turkey on Thanksgiving before my time.
- Next, it's a serum. I used to use Revive, which was created by a top plastic surgeon. Of course, a plastic surgeon should know preventative skin care. I switched to one by Chanel and saved a ton of money. Do I miss the Revive. Of course. When I go to Europe I plan to see how much it is there and hopefully I can save myself a few euros.
- I then apply moisturizer. Sometimes I use plain old Vitamin E oil, or Bobbi Brown's Vitamin E cream. I also use Bobbi Brown's Extra Moisturizing Cream, which has the chemistry and makeup of Creme de la Mer. Have I used Creme de la Mer before. Of course, but I figured since Estee Lauder owns both, why not go with the less expensive one. So far it's been doing the job.
By now I'm sure you are going this girl is out of her mind, not really. I just don't want to be one of those women that my friend and makeup artist Sheryl T. Always talks about when I get a makeover. We will spend a fortune on a handbag and our faces look like a mile of dirt road. Don't be one of those women. You only have one face, preserve it as much as you can. As Mikki Taylor wrote in her book, Self Seduction, make an aesthetician part of your temple management team right next to your hairdresser. You won't thank me now, but in 10 years it's worth it.
Au revoir and tout au sujet du joli (Good bye and All About The Pretty in French).
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
I Love Me Some Vanilla!
- Calypso Celle Vanilla (very elegant and soft).
- The Body Shop's Vanilla Perfume Oil and Vanilla Body Spray
- Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille
- L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanilia
- Fragonard Vanille (I purchased this in France because it's so much cheaper and I can't find this particular scent in the US) (http://usa.fragonard.com/@en-us/shop/3/71/dept.asp)